Beginner Tango Class
TUESDAYS, 7:00 – 8:00 PM, New Semester starting March 5th .
$95 for the whole month (4 classes) Single class $25
NO PARTNER REQUIRED
37 West 26th Street, 9th Floor
NEVER DANCED TANGO BEFORE – THIS IS YOUR CLASS
- No partner? No problem. We call our more advanced leaders and followers in to help balance the class
- Two left feet? we specialize in that 🙂
- Have a partner and don’t want to switch partners in class? We will make it work.
- Want to have fun and get to know a whole community of tango no matter in which country you are? This is the class for you.
- Already danced tango for a while but want to brush up on basics and improve you lead/ follow skills, your posture and reinforce your tango vocabulary? Perfect!
- Already danced for a while and want to dance the other role? Good thinking.
- Want to learn in a small group class in a very personalized and friendly atmosphere? We are looking forward to meeting you.
- Wonder what age group the students are? Anywhere from 20 to to 91
- You don’t have dance shoes yet? No worries, we will advice you where to get them if you decide Tango will be your new passion.
In this class you will learn the absolute basics of Argentine tango that will prepare you to step onto the dance floor and to progress to the next level of classes. You must take all four classes in this series (offered every month) to move on to Advanced Beginner series. This class will include inline as well as outside partner walking, 6 count resolution box, follower’s cruzada and front ochos. Students generally stay in Beginner level for 2 months.
Advanced Beginner Tango Class
TUESDAY, 8:00 to 9:30 PM, Class $25 plus half hour Practica $5
CARINA’S TANGO IMMERSION ADVANCED BEGINNER & UP
37 West 26th Street, 9th floor
DANCED FOR AT LEAST 3 MONTH – THIS IS YOUR CLASS!!!
- Want to immerse yourself deeper into Tango: This is your class
- want to refine your lead and follow, walk and posture and tango elements like ochos, media vueltas, hiros y mas : Come on over
- Have a partner and don’t want to switch partners in class: We will make it work
- Want to have fun and get to know a whole community of tango no matter in which country you are: This is the class for you
- Already danced tango for a while but want to brush up on basics and improve you lead/ follow skills, your posture and reinforce your tango vocabulary : Perfect
- Already danced for a while and want to dance the other role: Good thinking
- Want to lean in a small group class in a very personalized and friendly Atmosphere: We are looking forward to working with you
- Wonder what age group the students are: Anywhere from 20 to to 91
- want to lean how to dance on a crowed Dance floor : We are the experts
- Always wanted to learn how to dance MILONGA and VALS: We will cover it in this class
In this class you will learn and refine the steps that make up the fundamental structure of Argentine tango, along with basic variations. This class can be taken alone or in combination with Tango Fundamentals. Most students spend at least three or four months in this class before progressing to Pre-Intermediate. This class will include variations on how to lead front and back ochos, ocho cortados and media vueltas (half turns) as well as including the theme of the month.
Open Level Lunch Time Tango
WEDNESDAY, 12:30 - 1:30 PM
$25 - 1 hour class Sign up online or cash at the door
28 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor